Home Surveys: Control Measures
Watsons are still in operation!
We can still carry out surveys on empty properties or those where the occupants are out of the property during the time of the inspection. We follow the latest Government guidance (26 March 2020) which states that work carried out in people’s homes can continue, provided the tradesperson is well and has no symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Surveyors must not carry out non-urgent surveys in homes where people are in residence.
- Surveyors must not carry out an inspection, if any person is showing symptoms, self-isolating or being shielded.
If you have one of our Chartered Surveyors visiting your property to carry out a survey, please be assured they will be wearing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) whilst conducting your survey e.g. gloves, shoe protectors and masks where required.
Our Surveyors will:
- always be following the 2m social distancing rules.
- be using gloves when handling ladders, handles and doors at all times.
- have minimal contact with all surfaces whilst at the property.
- have no physical contact
- clean all equipment to be used with disinfectant spray before entering the property.
All of our surveyors are in good health and exhibit no signs of COVID-19.
What We Need From You
To enable our surveyor to spend as little time as possible in your property, the property MUST be empty during the time that the survey is being conducted.
For inspections, we will request the following:
- All pets to be contained or removed (where possible).
- Please open all internal doors to reduce the need to touch door handles and ensure window keys are easily accessible, should they be needed.
- Please open loft hatches and set-up the loft ladder.
Please have a think about the questions in the list below, and provide the surveyor with this information prior to the start of the inspection.
1. Where are the electrics located in the property?
2. Where is the gas meter located?
3. Where is the stop clock located?
4. Where is the water meter located? If applicable.
5. Where is the boiler located?
6. Are you aware of any major issues in the property? If yes, please specify where?
7. Do you have any certification in regards to gas and electricity safety? If yes, we may need to see copies.
8. Do you have any guarantees or warranties for windows, boilers, historical damp treatment, extensions etc?
9. Where is the cold-water storage tank located? If applicable.
10. Where is the hot water cylinder located? If applicable.
11. Is there under floor heating? If so, where are the controls?
12. Anything else you think we should know prior to the inspection.
If you are in an ‘at risk’ category, please let us know this in advance and we will happily postpone the inspection until it is safer to do so.
If you’re looking to book a survey or just need some advice, please contact us on 01603 751577 or email@example.com and our Client Services Team will discuss your options during this time.
Book Your Survey Online
Using our online booking system, you can request a home survey quote, create an account with us and also book your survey. Simply complete our online form and follow the instructions.
Due to the current pandemic, inspection dates may be subject to change. We will give you as much notice as possible in this instance.