RICS HomeBuyer Report
Choose an RICS HomeBuyer Report if you would like more extensive information whilst buying or selling a conventional house, flat or bungalow, built from common materials and in a reasonable condition. A report will highlight if there are any structural problems, such as subsidence or damp, as well as any other unwelcome hidden issues, both inside and outside.
There are two versions of a HomeBuyer Report that we offer:
RICS Home Survey Level 2 (HomeBuyer Report) Survey Only
The RICS Home Survey Level 2 (HomeBuyer Report) doesn’t look beyond the floorboards or behind the walls, but it will include all the major parts of a property that are visible to the Surveyor, who will spotlight any urgent matters that have a substantial effect on the value of the property or that might need attending to rather quickly.
If there’s no valuation included, you could use the report’s suggestions for repairs to renegotiate the price of the property.
RICS Home Survey Level 2 (Homebuyers Report) Survey and Valuation
A Homebuyers Reports that includes a property valuation, might support the revision of an offer if the survey reveals a lower price than the mortgage lender’s valuation.
What’s included in a Level 2 Report?
The report includes:
- Our surveyor’s professional opinion on the market value of the property;
- An insurance reinstatement figure for the property;
- A list of problems that our surveyor considers may affect the value of the property;
- Advice on repairs and on-going maintenance;
- Issues that need to be investigated to prevent serious damage or dangerous conditions;
- Legal issues that need to be addressed before completing your conveyancing, and
- Information on location, local environment and recorded energy efficiency (where available).